Strata Insurance cover is imperative for strata buildings across Australia and there can often be confusion as to what must be insured. SMS has partnered with the industry leaders to offer body corporate and owners corporations the best strata insurance service available with competitive premiums, superior claims handling and expert insurance advice.
Queensland regulations state that the body corporate must, at least every 5 years, obtain a building valuation stating the full replacement value of the building or buildings.
In New South Wales, Section 85 of the Strata Schemes Act 1996, calls for a building valuation to be obtained at least once every five years.
The insurers or their brokers are available to attend strata meetings as well as provide face to face advice and assistance.
• Reinstatement & replacement of building
• Loss of rent/temporary relocation cover
• Legal liability
• Voluntary workers
• Fidelity Guarantee insurance
• Workers compensation
• Office Bearers Liability
We are able to arrange:
• We assist with the claim’s lodgement process as part of our agreed service
• We liaise with the committee and / or affected owners during to the claims process to ensure a simple and seamless experience.